Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Farm Girl's Best Friend


OK, so this is not new--it's been blogged about all over the place. And it has nothing to do with Web 2.0 or social media. But I just learned about Go-Girl and I'm sold!

The Go-Girl is a portable device that allows women to pee standing up.

I'm sure this is just going to fuel the whole penis-envy theory, but imagine the freedom!

No more hovering over disgusting public toilets.

And my daughter will be able to urinate in my parents' back yard without soaking the front of her pants.

(Back story)
I'm potty training my daughter. It's been a long hard road. She's 3 1/2. I've been trying to train her since she was 2. I was beginning to think I'd have to start buying Depends.

But we had a breakthrough in the form of candy kisses. Two candy kisses every time you pee. It was working great. She'd been on a candy-coated sugar high for a week.

Then we go to Grandma's house, and I look out the window, and my darling girl is standing in front of some Hostas with her pants unbuttoned thrusting her pelvis forward.

I squint to see what exactly she's doing.

I call my sister to the window--What is she doing??

Quick, hand me your camera.

Then, suddenly, she drops her pants and squats down on the ground.

I run out the patio door to see what she's doing. By the time I get there she has her pants back up and is back to standing in front of the plants.

What are you doing dear?

She asks, Is this a bush?

Yes.

Just let me pee a minute. I'm peeing on the bush.

OoooooK.

I see on the ground, there is a fresh steaming pile, which I immediately decide will be blamed on the dog.

I can't believe my daughter just used my parents' back yard as "the facilities."

But hey--she didn't go in her pants! YAY!

So back to the Go-Girl. One day, my lovely daughter will be out on the tractor with Daddy and this thing will come in really handy. After all, if Daddy pees off the side of the tractor, why shouldn't she have the same freedom?

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate with the stories about your daughter! It wasn’t that many years ago that my mom was shaking her head at me as I tried to pee behind the tractor tire without falling over or getting my pants wet. For any of you that haven’t had that experience, let me assure you: it’s difficult!

    This Go-Girl device is definitely long overdue. I sent the link to my mom and she called me in tears of laughter. I think what she said boiled down to not being able to wait until I have kids so that she can hide the Go-Girl from me so I can experience what she went through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on the news the other day. I think it’s so funny! Your story about your daughter was very funny as well and I’m very happy for you that you finally got her potty-trained. I think it’s a really interesting idea, but will it sell? You know I’m sure everyone appreciates it and finds it funny, but will anyone actually use it? That I’m not quite sold on yet. I personally think it’s a very entertaining, unique product, but I wouldn’t personally buy one. I guess only time will tell whether this product will sink or swim.

    ReplyDelete